The Collective Eye - June 2021 - Realweegiemidget Reviews

 



The Collective Eye is on... 

Realweegiemidget Reviews


WHAT SHOULD THE WORLD KNOW ABOUT YOU?  
I'm a wee Scottish expat living in Finland with my Darlin Husband. We've been together for over 12 years and he's my best friend, and sometimes editor of my blog posts. I write an entertainment blog on all things entertainment which includes films and TV and remembrance posts to blogathons.

I love this entertainment niche as I've met lots of lovely people so far be they fellow bloggers or those who work in the entertainment field.  I do try actively to tag those acting talents I write about in my entertainment reviews. I like to think of it as my wee thank you to their performance in the film or TV Show I'm writing about. So I usually get superexcited if an actress or actor retweets, likes a post or follows me. 

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR BLOG? 
My blog kind of evolved in both posts and pages and I was lucky to find a theme that showcased these both perfectly. I usually write about entertainment from the 1960s onwards but am easily swayed if it's an actor or actress or a film I adore.

I really love finding more obscure later work from their careers though and I usually find my review content on those video sharing platforms. I am a huge fan of the original Dallas series and I do usually mention it in my reviews especially if someone has starred in the show. 

WHO OR WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO CREATE REALWEEGIEMIDGET REVIEWS? 
My Darlin Husband suggested that I write and I first wrote a review on the movie Love and Mercy. This was when he was away on a work trip and I couldn't talk to him as he was in a different time zone. So I wrote as if I was telling him about it. 

Love and Mercy is both a biopic and a film about mental health and therefore the perfect film to inspire me. I love to read biographies and autobiographies on the stars. And I am very passionate about mental health issues having worked in this field for over 15 years.  After this post it kinda snowballed into an entertainment blog of all sorts...

WHO ARE 5 OF YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE STARS? 
Jack Nicholson, Lee Grant, Michael Caine, Kathleen Turner and Ruth Gordon. I love all these five in everything that I've seen from their filmographies so far. Three out of five of them, that is Jack Nicholson, Lee Grant and Michael Caine, have figured in my blogathons so far and the other two will probably make an appearance in a blogathon from me one day.

I have really enjoyed learning more about their TV and movies and their films are probably the most prolific in my reviews. So any recommendations on their work, please send it my way...

IF YOU COULD TRAVEL IN TIME FOR ONE DAY, WHEN WOULD YOU GO & WHY? 
I would probably like to go back in time to see my dad, and my uncle and my grandparents again. I really envied Kathleen Turner's character in Peggy Sue Got Married when she got to go back in time, and she got to do this. 

Now I am older I can appreciate this part of the film so much more now. The trouble is I would just like to extend this one day for a wee bit longer as one day with these people just wouldn't be enough.


For a pop culture exploration of films, television and more, explore & follow...


Realweegiemidget Reviews


Facebook


Twitter


Twitter profile for Realweegiemidget Reviews




Eye archive

Main  eye

Go home


The JLH Collective


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Collective Eye - December 2021 ~ Maniacs and Monsters

The Collective Eye - December 2020