The Collective Eye - April 2021 - Nancy E. Polin

 


The Collective Eye is on... 


Nancy E. Polin
\

WHAT SHOULD THE WORLD KNOW ABOUT YOU?  
As a lifelong introvert, the idea of “the world” knowing about me is terrifying, but I’d say my Twitter handle “LateBloomer924” says it all. There’s no cap on finding yourself. I wrote as a kid and young adult, deserted it because, well, real life has an annoying habit of getting in the way. I started writing again at the age of 40, and published for the first time that same year. 

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR BOOKS? 
I’d call them pure diversion: thrilling, fun and sexy with characters sure to kindle a crush. 

WHO OR WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START WRITING? 
I’ve always loved reading from a very young age. I fell in love with those moments of escape. Around the age of twelve, I discovered The Outsiders. The characters touched me and I found I related so much to them. Maybe a lot of it was in my head, but it prompted me to try writing my own young adult stuff. I don’t want to say they were “scary bad,” but they were close, lol. I’ve evolved a lot since then. By the way, I can still recite “Nothing Gold Can Stay” by Robert Frost. 

WHO ARE 5 OF YOUR FAVORITE AUTHORS? 
Wow. That’s a tough one. Some that come to mind include Kathy Reichs, Mary Burton, Stephen King, Nora Roberts, Lyndee Walker, Joe Lansdale, Beverly Connor, Christopher Moore … oh, I guess that’s more than five. Lots more where those came from though, lol. 

IF YOU COULD BE ONE OF YOUR CHARACTERS FOR A DAY, WHICH WOULD IT BE & WHY? 
I pride myself on writing strong, yet vulnerable female characters, so I love them all. If I had to choose one, I’d say Dana Chambers from Grave Fortune. She turns into quite the supernatural badass and that show of strength is particularly appealing to me.


For romance and weird ramblings, explore & follow... 


The cynical romantic blog


Amazon


Twitter



Profile pic for Nancy E. Polin



Eye archive

Main eye

Go home


The JLH collective


Popular posts from this blog

tales from the freakboy zone...

VISION BENT (half-blind poems) (2019)