The Collective Eye - December 2021 ~ Maniacs and Monsters
The Collective Eye is on...
WHAT SHOULD THE WORLD KNOW ABOUT YOU?
We have been friends since middle school and fans of horror and B-movies since the invention of the video rental store. In the eighties, we watched the original Halloween about two dozen times over a two year span. With a group of friends, we even filmed our own version of numerous scenes from the movie including wandering the grounds of the local psychiatric hospital in the middle of the night in bathrobes.
…If we reveal anything more, we would have to kill you.
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR BLOG?
It’s all about horror: good and bad. We don’t discriminate.
WHO/WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START BLOGGING?
Andrew: Fame (definitely not fortune).
Michael: I’m a fan of author John Joseph Miller (probably best known as a contributor to George R. R. Martin’s Wild Card series). He used to write for a blog called Cheese-Magnet (all hail the Cheese-Magnet) and after conversing with him and some of the other bloggers on the site, I weaseled my way into becoming a contributor. Cheese-Magnet faded away but I still have the blogging bug thanks to John.
WHO ARE 5 OF YOUR FAVORITE CINEMATIC MANIACS?
1. Michael Myers (at age 21)
2. The unnamed killer in Black Christmas (1974 version)
3. Blake from The Fog
4. Jack Torrance from The Shining
5. Bruce (the shark from Jaws)
1. Vincent Price as Dr. Phibes from The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971) & Dr. Phibes Rises Again (1972).
2. Michael Myers from Halloween (1978) & its sequels.
3. Christine the 1958 Plymouth Fury in Christine (1983).
4. Tar Man from The Return of the Living Dead (1985).
5. Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman in American Psycho (2000).
IF YOU WERE A WINTER HOLIDAY DECORATION, WHAT KIND OF WINTER HOLIDAY DECORATION WOULD YOU BE & WHY?
Andrew: Anything from the sorority house in Black Christmas.
Michael: I have to leave the horror genre to answer this one. I am also a giant fan of classic cartoons and collect antique toys and memorabilia related to the Looney Tunes. So I would have to be a Looney Tunes ornament and specifically the one released in 1993 by Hallmark depicting Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner chasing each other.
For a monstrously fun mix of maniacal movie reviews, explore & follow...