The Collective Eye - August 2021 - NickNackPaddyWhack-ed

 


The Collective Eye is on... 


NickNackPaddyWhack-ed    And another thing...


WHAT SHOULD THE WORLD KNOW ABOUT YOU? 

I am afraid, with my tendency to write about my personal life pretty regularly, the world already knows too much!  As people go, I’m pretty boring.  I am a peace-loving optimist and skeptic (but like, in an optimistic way). 

 

Whenever I have to take part in teambuilding type activities where you’re supposed to reveal something about yourself no one knows there are usually a few things I fall back on: I play the violin, I am writing a novel, and I can touch my nose with my tongue.  That last one gets mixed reactions.   


HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR BLOG? 

My blog probably should be named “Dear Diary” because it is me writing about my life, my experiences, my memories, my frustration and sadness and happiness and joy.  Occasionally I throw a fiction story out there but doing that makes me want to throw up so it’s mostly The Life and Times of Nichole.  It is often the experiences in my life with the most emotions connected to them that I choose to write about, and I hope from it the reader can relate, or maybe laugh, or maybe they just get a good recipe out of the deal.  I appreciate them sharing their thoughts or comments or encouragement, but especially just taking the time to read.    


WHO/WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START BLOGGING? 

The blog I have now is actually the third blog I’ve created. 

 

The first, the one that started it all, was an obscure website with a small audience of people across the world.  I was in college at the time, and when the website rolled out a “blogging” feature, I started posting some of the papers I had to write for school.  These topics people found highly engaging, and these amazing intellectual discussions would ensue.  When I started posting opinion pieces about current events, or stories from my life, I found people were equally engaged and eventually, they liked the personal stories better.  People added my blog to their RSA feeds, eventually I made 5k followers because as the website grew, so did my blog.

 

And then one day, I went to the website and it said “Closed for Maintenance, will return shortly” and it has been gone ever since.  I tried to start a new one immediately in a different place, but my heart wasn’t in it. I missed the engagement.

 

I created the one I have now after joining Twitter eight years ago and reading the blogs of others.  When you write on a blogging website it sort of goes out into the void.  On Twitter, you have a chance to at least present it to more people, and I love to hear back from people who read them.


WHAT ARE 5 OF YOUR FAVORITE TOPICS TO BLOG ABOUT? 

I could probably write “ME” five times. 😊

 

FEELINGS

Food

Special people/memories in my life

Writing

Wildlife


IF YOU WERE A BUG, WHAT KIND OF BUG WOULD YOU BE & WHY? 

First I had to think about which kinds of bugs I actually like, since there is a long list of those I do not like.  I first thought butterfly, because number one, very pretty and number two, hang out with flowers and number three, FLYING, but butterflies are kind of fragile and I want to be something stronger. 

 

I would pick bumble bee.  I still get to hang out with flowers and I can still fly, but also extra bonus I am kinda chubby but still look good in horizontal stripes and if someone hurts me I can sting them without dying.  Quite a few people and predators naturally steer clear of me which is a really great quality to have.  

 

In a bug, I mean.    


For a unique viewpoint of life, explore & follow... 



NickNackPaddyWhack-ed



Twitter



Twitter profile pic for NickNackPaddyWhack-ed .  An orange cat sleeping.



Eye Archive

Main Eye

Go Home


The JLH COLLECTIVE


Popular posts from this blog

tales from the freakboy zone...

DARK EXCURSIONS: first set (2013)